[PD-dev] loading externals on android (pddroidparty, mobmuplat, ...)

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Mar 18 07:38:41 CET 2020

Hi IOhannes,

I am not sure if it's still the case but at one time Android would not
allow dynamically loaded libraries from storage. So there were vague
plans to have the application copy all dlls into the data dir of the app
itself before launching the patch but those never happened. Patches welcome!

Cheers,

Chris.

On 11/3/20 4:09 am, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm currently trying to add support for building externals for android
> to pd-lib-builder.
>
> it build nicely, but so far i was unnsueccessfull in using the external
> in PdDroidParty. (the patch that uses the external does not seem to do
> anything that indicates that the external is indeed used).
>
> any pitfalls i should be aware of?
>
> i don't even know whether PdDroidParty is supposed to load externals.
> if not, is there any other available android project i could use for
> testing?
>
> i would rather not compile the host myself.
>
> i'm aware that i might have missed some documentation and/or debugging
> options in PdDroidParty that might give me more info; but... so little time.
>

> gmsard
> IOhannes
>
> PS: oh, and i don't have google play store installed, so any project
> should either be available via f-droid or provide a direct apk download...

My tech development newsletter:
https://mccormick.cx/