[PD-dev] no longer able to "send" to UDP (because now "connectionless"?

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sat Mar 28 04:45:16 CET 2020

To Pd dev (of interest to netsend/netreceive experts :) -

One thing that was possible in pd 0.50 was to "send" to netreceive -u ... this
was added by Shahrokh Yadegari a year or so ago.  I think it gets used; for
instance I don't see how to implement jacktrip without it (as Roman
Haefeli did in his netpd system and as I'm now trying to do in a Camomile
plugin).

Would it be onerous to bring that capability back?  For the moment we can
fall back to 0.50 but we'd need a way to do this, even if it's impossible to
do exactly compatibly with 0.50.

thanks
Miller