[PD-dev] Externals in Pd.52.2(Rosetta Mode) on Mac M1!

Jakob Skouborg syntaxerror60 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 26 21:12:52 CEST 2022

Hello :)

I’ve got a M1 MacBook(OSX 11.6.5) and I am trying to get externals to work in Pd-0.52.2.

Since there are not a lot of externals that are M1 native yet, I am running PD in Rosetta mode(Intel).

But when I download externals via Deken, they won’t load, even after adding them as a path. I’ve tried a few, like zexy and iemlib.

I checked Dekens platform settings and it is set to Darwin-arm64-32. Does that mean Deken will download "arm specific" externals, even though I am running Pd in Rosetta mode? Would it make any difference changing Dekens platform settings to another format? In that case, what should I change it to?

Actually it does not matter if I run Pd in Rosetta mode or not, no externals are seen by Pd.

Do you guys have any suggestions to what I try out?

Best wishes,

Jakob