[PD-dev] mac-dist-helper

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 14:58:40 CEST 2022

Howdy all,

I've been working on a single solution for creating distribution packages for macOS which automates the whole code signing and notarization process.  What I have so far is a makefile inspired by pd-lib-builder which you can drop into a project and configure with only a few variables:

https://github.com/zkmkarlsruhe/mac-dist-helper <https://github.com/zkmkarlsruhe/mac-dist-helper>

I also have some hello world examples for a Cocoa app, openFrameworks app, console program, and Pure Data external:

https://github.com/zkmkarlsruhe/mac-dist-helper-examples <https://github.com/zkmkarlsruhe/mac-dist-helper-examples>

So far, I am able to build and package all 4 examples into dmg files which I can AirDrop to a second macOS system and run without warnings, errors, or right-click overrides.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>