[PD-dev] figuring out how to get everything merged

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sat Feb 4 18:57:27 CET 2023

I've back-merged the portaudio update to version 0.53 (tried a week ago but
messed it up, hopefully have it correct now).  If I understand correctly
this will fix the hang-on-macos-13 trouble but won't prevent people from
checking callback which also can hang Pd on a Mac.

Meanwhile there's Christof's semaphor feature which promises to lower latency
(I tried doing this earlier in s_audio_pa.c but found it actually increased
latency; not sure what's going on here).  The PR is here:
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/1756

I'm now thinking I should get multichannel inlet~/outlet~ finished first,
then study and hopefully incorporate the semaphore PR after that's all working.
Then that can be 0.54 (so that 0.53 can be limited to bug-fixing).

I wanna get the 0.53 bugfix out as soon as it's pretty sure that it actually
fixes things...

cheers
Miller