[PD-dev] figuring out how to get everything merged

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 08:39:38 CET 2023

> on close inspection, it turns out that the portaudio/ directories in the
> '0.53-2' branch and the 'master' branch are indeed different.
> i don't know why and how they have been imported (presumably with the
> 'portaudio/update.sh' script, but the
> portaudio/portaudio/src/common/pa_gitrevision.h now shows 'unknown'
> which is not very helpful)

It looks like the script was not used nor was my update/portaudio branch merged which has the define set. The script indeed sets the PA_GIT_REVISION using the update_gitrevision.sh script in the PA repo. I had fixed several small issues with the script itself, mainly due to a file no longer being present in the new portaudio version which may have been why it wasn't used in the end.

In any case, I made a small commit directly to the 0.53-2 branch which addresses this and should be pulled into master:

dd20389559b3b293a1dd4fdc427f1881e3818bd3

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>