[PD-dev] bug in double click event in a GUI in a GOP?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 00:18:06 CEST 2023

Hi, I am designing a knob GUI and it has a feature for double click where
it goes to the mid position (or some other setting) when you do it. This is
quite cool and I'm happy with it.

Then I was testing it inside an abstraction, as I wanna use this to design
modular inspired abstractions and to my frustration it doesn't work.
Somehow the 'double click' event that we get from 'w_clickfn' in
't_widgetbehavior'...

In Vanilla, double click in a GUI (when in run mode) is only possible for
gui boxes (atom/symbol/list), which lets us select the contents of the box.
I haven't looked at its code, but I can see it is also not possible to
double click it in a GOP, so it might be the same thing.

Well, is this intentional? Is this a bug? Can I ask to change this?

I would really like to be able to write GUIs that make use of double
clicking, not being able to do so seems like a very weird and arbitrary
restriction.

Thanks
Cheers