[PD-dev] bug in double click event in a GUI in a GOP?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 15:22:51 CEST 2023

ok, so a bug it is

I see iohanness mentioned that a fix is 'convoluted' and that miller just
didn't implement this cause he hadn't figured it out.

You can still click and edit number boxes and other thingies in Pd, that is
type a new number/symbol/list. The thing is that with the recent addition
of list boxes it was necessary to add this double click feature so it was
easier to edit a single element in it, and thus this bug came up. Until
then it seems no other object or external ever needed double clicks so it
finally bit us.

As I understand, being 'convoluted' means that the fix is not in the object
(number/symbol/list box) itself, but under the hood deep inside the guts of
Pd.

Now, it seems no one ever attempted a real fix/implementation yet, huh?

I haven't really checked deep inside so I'm missing the real challenge
behind this, what makes it tricky to do and all, any details on this?

It is not clear on the github discussion, so I still see that it could be
fixed/implemented... I can add to the discussion on github that no
external will work as well, which makes this more of a crucial problem that
needs to be fixed for list box (mostly) and the new externals I am
designing (I'm also planning on including 'double click' features in other
GUIs than my new knob).

cheers