[PD-dev] double precision pd?

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 12 13:58:44 CEST 2023

Not really that we have to do this but:

Surely we need 2 compilations but in my head it does not hurt much that
certain files have their "64" appended in the filename and share the
same bin and extra dir.

like

pd/bin
     pd.exe
     pd64.exe
     pd.com
     pd64.com
     pd.dll
     pd64.dll
     pdreceive.exe
     pdreceive64.exe
     pdsend.exe
     pdsend64.exe

pd/extra
     bob~/
         bob~.dll
         bob~.Windows-amd64-64.dll

pd-lib-builder can easily be instructed to pick pd64.dll for a double build.

This should also work on Linux and macOS apps.

building should look like:

     make
     make clean
     make64

"make64" rename and copies the files on target.

if this is feasible we avoid having tons of duplicate .pd files and
stuff and also having 2 different packages.

just thinking