[PD-dev] help with some new multichannel tools

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 05:10:19 CEST 2023

I see now I was just doing something silly thinking I was trying to copy
some sophisticated trick that would sove things.

I can't remember now which object I had to deal with something like this.

anyway, in this last version, I have my own "perform" method that fails
equally as before in some cases, but it is not as weird as before...

let me just copy it instead of linking to a github code that might change,
here's the code section

*static* t_int *remap_perform(t_int *w){

    t_remap *x = (t_remap *)(w[1]);

    t_int n = (t_int)(w[2]);

    t_int nchans = (t_int)(w[3]);

    t_sample *in = (t_sample *)(w[4]);

    t_sample *out = (t_sample *)(w[5]);

    *for*(*int* i = 0; i < x->x_n; i++){ // channels to copy

        *int* ch = x->x_vec[i].a_w.w_float - 1; // get channel number

        *if*(ch >= nchans)

            ch = nchans - 1;

        *for*(*int* j = 0; j < n; j++){ // j is sample number of each
channel

            *if*(ch >= 0)

                *out++ = in[ch*n + j];

            *else*