[PD-dev] is "dsp_addv" ready for multichannel?

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Wed Aug 9 17:07:12 CEST 2023

Hi,

the problem is here:

https://github.com/porres/pd-else/blob/2d53dfa7bd02b1fd102dbad7a2f9799df0a32e37/Code_source/Compiled/signal/xgate.mc~.c#L67-L68

signal_setmultiout() changes the signal pointer, so you must call it
/before /assigning the signal pointer to the arg vector for dsp_addv()!
Just swap these two lines and you should be good.

---

Some further notes:

1. I think you don't need x_outs at all when using dsp_addv(). The
following lines are completely redundant:

https://github.com/porres/pd-else/blob/2d53dfa7bd02b1fd102dbad7a2f9799df0a32e37/Code_source/Compiled/signal/xgate~.c#L41-L42

2. Never ever send a Pd message directly from a perform routine! Always
use a clock!

https://github.com/porres/pd-else/blob/2d53dfa7bd02b1fd102dbad7a2f9799df0a32e37/Code_source/Compiled/signal/xgate~.c#L50-L55

3. Why calloc/free instead of getbytes/freebytes? (In this particular
case, it would also be safe to just use alloca())

https://github.com/porres/pd-else/blob/2d53dfa7bd02b1fd102dbad7a2f9799df0a32e37/Code_source/Compiled/signal/xgate~.c#L67-L72

Christof