[PD-dev] myfft~.c:2:10: fatal error: fftw3.h: No such file or directory

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Oct 17 09:00:51 CEST 2023

On 10/17/23 08:31, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
> The FFTW3 library is used by Pd

it's not.

> , and it is #included in the d_fft_fftw.c
> file. I have compiled Pd myself, and no such error occurred, so, this

Pd *could* use FFTW3, but you have to be very explicit if you want to
build Pd with FFTW3 (install fftw3 *and* configure Pd with `--enable-fftw`)

so in virtually all cases it uses the mayer-fft (which is built into Pd,
so doesn't require any external dependencies).

> file must be somewhere in my system. Any idea how to solve this?

install the fftw3 library (and headers).

gfmadsr
IOhannes