[PD-dev] time for a quick bugfix update?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Oct 23 17:16:42 CEST 2023

On 10/23/23 13:21, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> On 10/23/23 11:56, Miller Puckette wrote:
>> Hi list -
>>
>> I've merged the update and documentation branches, and will merge the
>> translation support pretty soon.
>>
>> I don't know where in Iohannes's CI scripts the TCL/TK version gets
>> specified for MacOS (and I can't get to a Macintosh until next week
>> maybe to check this)... so will have to wait for word from Iohannes as
>> to when I can grab a TCL-TK-correct version from CI.  Once I believe
>> that's in place I'll imeddiately put out a 'test' version of 0.54-1...
>>

> thanks for checking back.
>
> indeed the Tcl/Tk version that is used for the CI builds is currently
> 8.6.12, i will try to update them asap.
>
> @dan before i do so, i would like to make sure that the Tcl/Tk binaries
> are backwards compatible:
> - arm64 should run on BigSur (and later)
> - x86_64 should run on Yosemite (and later)

ah well.
i've created universal builds of Tcl/Tk-8.6.13 myself (on BigSur), but
ran into the same problems as alexandre [1], with the binaries not being
compatible with older versions of macOS (i tested on Sierra).
i'll try to build the x86_64 portion on some older mac (there's a
mavericks machine somewhere...) and see how this turns out.

sorry for the delay.

gfmasdr
IOhannes

[1]