re-compiling & resynching audio error

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.UCSD.EDU
Thu Sep 2 21:05:09 CEST 1999

>It seems that the "resynching audio" problem is not confined to the SB
Live driver.  I installed PD under W98 on my notebook that has an ESS sound
card and had the same problem.

Yuck.  OK, I'd better make some kind of flag thing.  I can probably get it
out this weekend...

>Finally, is there a way in PD to read the parallel and serial ports?

There isn't yet.  There's a hack to write to the serial ports that uses
TK's serial command; I don't know if it would be easy or not to do input
the same way; timing wouldn't be too great though.

It would be great to have "externs" to handle serial and parallel ports...
I don't have any serial or parallel devices to test them on.

cheers
Miller

PS Oh yes, to compile in Microsoft C version 5.0, remove all the ".obj" files,
change the include and library paths in the makefile, and it should go.