The Eternal Return of Resynching Audio

Elliot Anderson ewanders at sirius.com
Fri Sep 3 20:37:57 CEST 1999

	I took Mark Danks' advice and  put a return in the routine
nt_resyncaudio(void) in s_nt.c.  This seems to have solved the problem.  Pd
seems to be working fine on both my notebook and desktop.
	Some questions.  I'm somewhat of a "newbie" to computer music and was
wondering if anyone could suggest a "primer" on signal processing.  I
listen to a lot of electronic music, Xenakis, Sabotnik, et. al. and know
people in the Bay Area that are part of The Hub (Tim Perkis, Paul
Demarinas.)  I am interested in doing real-time composition and to trigger
video (thus PD & GEM.)
	PD questions.  What format should the aiff files be to open in PD?  How
can I save a sample?  What are the ";" objects, like the one that starts
the DSP and opening files?  What is the syntax for those objects?  Can I
send a signal through and process it in real-time using a mic?  I've done
this with MSP and haven't tried it with PD.

Best,
Elliot

Elliot Anderson
Lecturer, Electronic Media,