multichannel Pd

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.mhsg.ac.at
Tue Sep 14 12:17:30 CEST 1999

Iain.Mott at cmis.CSIRO.AU writes:
 > hi
 >
 > I'm still a bit unclear on Pd's multi-channel sound capabilities on NT
 > machines. I've seen some information on sound cards for Linux Pd - but can
 > anyone offer advice for suitable sound cards for multi-channel (at least
 > four) Pd on NTs ?

I have made an multichannel extension for pd on NT ... a time ago
so it should work just using standard Audio I/O where you can specify
the how much channel are used and with which numbers they begin.Since
all ADDAs have to be in sync.

So you can use every multichannel hardware with NT-drivers which make
standard stereo devices (no ASIO are used !)

We used RME96/8 with ADAT interface and Yamaha O1V now runnig constant
since 5 month in an installation with pd.

mfg winfried