multichannel Pd

forum::für::umläute zmoelnig at iem.mhsg.ac.at
Wed Sep 15 14:53:33 CEST 1999

Winfried Ritsch schrieb:

> Iain.Mott at cmis.CSIRO.AU writes:
>  > hi
>  >
>  > I'm still a bit unclear on Pd's multi-channel sound capabilities on NT
>  > machines. I've seen some information on sound cards for Linux Pd - but can
>  > anyone offer advice for suitable sound cards for multi-channel (at least
>  > four) Pd on NTs ?
>  >

> I have made an multichannel extension for pd on NT ... a time ago
> so it should work just using standard Audio I/O where you can specify
> the how much channel are used and with which numbers they begin.Since
> all ADDAs have to be in sync.
>
> So you can use every multichannel hardware with NT-drivers which make
> standard stereo devices (no ASIO are used !)

This is true and it does work fine, although this used to be an
extension for pd-0.24; since pd-0.25 miller implemented the
multi-channel as pd-standard and is works on Win95, so my guess is,
that  NT will do fine, apart from those resynching problems, but i have
heard rumours about having solved this for pd-0.27 (or pd-0.30, i have
lost count) which i haven´t downloaded yet.

> We used RME96/8 with ADAT interface and Yamaha O1V now runnig constant
> since 5 month in an installation with pd.

of course, this should read 5 *days*, shouldn´t it ?

> mfg winfried
>
>  > cheers
>  >
>  > Iain Mott