Sv: ALSA version for pd-027 (compilation problems)

Søren Bovbjerg bovbjerg at musik.auc.dk
Tue Nov 2 15:37:17 CET 1999

Hi

<I understand that the chipset
>supports s/pdif and quad analog out, but I have not seen a card that
>implements this.

Actually SoundBlaster Live! support is improving under Linux. The code finally went opensource yesterday (http://opensource.creative.com), and OSS has made drivers available. As far as I can see the drivers now supports front, rear and S/PDIF out. I don't know about MIDI.

I am exited to hear if anybody has tried these drivers in Linux with PD, since my Linux partition is gone for the time being. (The older drivers (0.3b) would hang the system, so there was no point in keeping it).

/Søren Bovbjerg