-open on NT

umläute zmoelnig at iem.mhsg.ac.at
Mon Apr 10 08:54:22 CEST 2000

Benjamin Israel wrote:

> How does one make the open flag on NT work.  The path that gets passed
> appears to have '\' replaced by '/', which means it won't work too hot
> on Windows machines.  I vaguely remember reading something about this in
> the past, but heck if I can remember or find where I read it in the
> first place.  I'm running pd 3.0 if it matters.  Thanks in advance.

1. seemingly, the "-open" flag still won't work under "NT"; what will
work (and was discussed earlier on this list) is not using any flag for
opening at all. for examples try "pd myfile.pd" (instead of "pd -open
myfile.pd"); a more complex example would be "pd -myflag -lib mylib
myfile.pd"

2. if you remembered "vaguely" something discussed on the list, you
might find the search engine for the pd-list useful; have a look and try
" http://iem.mhsg.ac.at/mailinglists/pd-list "; note that you shouldn't
search for "-open", since this will output all the files that do NOT
contain "open"; just search "open" and "flags";me thinketh that the
problem was discussed in november

mfg.fdsa.r
iohannes