performance in pd - audiobuf, etc

d d denglertdp at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 11 20:56:36 CET 2000

Hello
I'm not sure what you mean by 'no latency'
Low latency I can understand :)
In Win2K are you setting audiobuf?

Once I go below 80 or so, performance is unstable
I'm hoping to get 3-9 msec latency (which would mean setting audiobuf below
10, something that all machines i've tested on can't do)

As far as a test patch, all I'm doing is routing adc~ straight to dac~ !
And I get unusable latency (for realtime audio processing)

If you ran say a preamped mic into some software (we'll say cooledit) and at
the same time ran the same signal into and then out of PD (then that signal
into cooledit) you'd have (on all my tested systems) a lot of latency
between the two.

Thanks so much for the help

My echo layla interface has ASIO / ASIO 2.0 drivers, but that doesn't seem
to help
The processor is definately up to par, I guess that just leaves win2K as the
culprit for bad latency?

-daniel