[Sounddriver] RME Hammerfall for 2.4 kernel

Guenter Geiger geiger at epy.co.at
Thu Jan 11 21:28:35 CET 2001

announce

Because Winnies driver didn't compile for me under 2.4 I have
started to change it and eventually came up with a completely
different version, which is supporting a bit more of the OSS interface,
it even runs in pd's "native" mode, and more important to me I can use
other software written for OSS.

It's the first release, so there are some missing features in the
controller program, the select call, and mmap ...

download <ftp://xdv.org/pub/gige/rme>.

gg

PS:
If you want to use more than two channels with pd, you're currently out
of luck, because I have implemented a completely different
 multichannel interface ... I do have a working version though (of pd),
if someone is really badly interested.