openpanel and soundfiler

pix at test.at pix at test.at
Mon Jan 29 19:17:01 CET 2001

this doesn't happen under linux (so it's not a fundamental part of pd,
it's a windows thing). but something you could try, as a kind of
workaround, is to use a symbol atom (added from the put menu), connected
to soundfiler. then to open a file, click on the symbol atom, type the
path, and then hit return. this will then get sent out as a symbol
message. if you want the chance to make mistakes, you could send it to
the cold input of a "symbol" object, and then send a bang to the hot input
when you have got it right.

note, you can change the width of the symbol atom with the "properties"
popup menu, so you can type long pathnames. (you get this menu by clicking
with the right button under linux, assuming it's the same under windows).

pix.