shell

Linium intent at club-internet.fr
Fri Feb 16 16:39:52 CET 2001

Le Wed, 14 Feb 2001, CK a écrit :

> actually that's exactly what it does,
> a message 'ls -l' -> shell won't do anything visible,
> but connecting shell->print f.i.  gives you the output.
>

> hope that helps
>
> lg

First and foremost thanks to Dieter since now I have ggee 0.19 compiled in one
lib.

But I am surprised by the answer of CK concerning the behavior of the "shell"
object.
Still with 0.19 (as before with the 0.18) there is no way to get the result of
a command through the outlet.
Here "ls -l" command sent to "shell" produce an effect but it is visible
directly on the xterm terminal where PD was launched. The outlet stays silent,
connecting a "print" to it print nothing at all. Furthermore sending a wrong
command makes PD behave like a zombie.

So, CK, what version of ggee do you have ??

Linium