pd-gui

Karl MacMillan karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu
Wed Feb 21 02:28:23 CET 2001

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, jfm3 wrote:

> Thanks for the GTK pd-gui.  I'm using what looks like the 9/29/2000
> version.  There is no documentation, so I'm going from what I could find
> in the mail list archives.  I'm running without -rt.  There are bugs.  I
> report them in case you haven't seem them, not as a complaint.
>
> Here is the output as pd starts up:
>
> rcfile option = -alsa
> rcfile option = -r 48000
> rcfile option = -frags 2
> rcfile option = -path /usr/local/lib/pd/extra
> rcfile option = -path /usr/local/lib/pd/externs
> PD_ALSA: input doesn't support 32-bit samples; using 16
> Function not in object 0x807e800 hash table >pdtk_pd_dio<.
> Function not in object 0x807e800 hash table >pdtk_pd_dio<.
> Function not in object 0x807e800 hash table ><.
>
> The last three messages are odd to me.

Those messages simply mean that the dio error reporting functions are not
implemented.

> I open a new canvas and get the following output:
>
> Created a new pixmap
> error: Bad arguments for message 'motion' to object 'canvas'
> ... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.
> no such child .mbar
> No such object .mbar
> Function not in object 0x807e800 hash table >pdtk_canvas_mouseup<.
>
> It is much prettier than the tk version, but still unuseable.  When the
> mouse moves in the canvas, streams of this error message appear:
>
> error: Bad arguments for message 'motion' to object 'canvas'

It looks as though some of the communication between pd and pd-gui have
changed since I last worked on this.  You might try an older version of PD
just to get going (.29 or .30).

> If I get time next week I'll start looking at it myself.

Feel free to send me questions - there is little to no documentation in
the code but let me know if you need some help to get going.

Karl

> (jfm3)

| Karl W. MacMillan                                 |
| Computer Music Department                         |
| Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University |
| karlmac at peabody.jhu.edu                           |
| www.peabody.jhu.edu/~karlmac                      |