some externalernals

Iain Mott idmott at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 22 13:10:15 CET 2001

Hi

Have put a small collection of externals up on my web site – follow the ‘Pd’
link on this page: http://soundart.tripod.com

Here’s the readme………...*&%>>,,???>>>>>>>>>>>>>   :

the makefile is configured for Linux only - Linux binaries included.

polygate~ - switch between multiple signal inputs - variable fade rate both
linear & equal power

shuffle - a no-repeat random generator - outputs numbers within a set range

pan~ - equal power stereo panning

system - sends a system message to the console

ln~ - natural log + inverse

rec2pol~ - convert rectangular coordinates to polar eg. can be used to
convert sine & cosine rfft~ output to phase & magnitude

pol2rec~ - inverse of rec2pol~

two related patches:

polvoc.pd - example of pol2rec~ etc

noisegate - simple noisegate used in above

---

One thing not included (amongst a few more) is a simple Pd interface to
PostgreSQL – allows you to send SQL commands to a database and retrieve the
results.  If anyone’s interested in this – let me know and I’ll scrape it
together.

Cheers, iain