Gem segfault

pix at test.at pix at test.at
Fri Mar 23 22:24:27 CET 2001

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, guenter geiger wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 pix at test.at wrote:
> > Maybe now I can look into doing something interesting with GEM. Did anyone
> > come up with any cluey ideas for getting performable video output from a
> > PC/Linux situation?
> We are using an external VGA/TV converter ...

can it select a subsection of the screen, or are you running the interface
on a  different machine? as the problem is that you can't have the gem
window on the video output, while having the pd interface still visible at
the same time.

or perhaps you are using midi control or somesuch, so that having no
interface is not an issue?

my patches are all still somewhat reliant on pd numberboxes and ggee
sliders/envgens for interactivity.

my current thought is to have the pd interface on another machine using
the new gui options... i dont know if this is a possibility tho (i havent
tried it yet)... also if it did work, would the gem window open up on the
machine running pd or on the machine running pd-gui (i'm hoping it would
open on the machine running pd).

pix.