[PD] Array in Pd version 0.32 PATCH 6 for WINDOWS NT

Søren Bovbjerg bovbjerg at musik.auc.dk
Thu May 10 17:49:44 CEST 2001

Hi Olaf

> since pd 0.32 I also have problems with putting arrays (using WinNT). 'put'
> works but all arrays appear at the same position in the patch and can't be
> moved seperately. So I get a pile of arrays on top of each other...
> Copying them from another patch works.

I think it has always been like this (or as far as I can remember). I also use the 'copy from other window' routine to avoid that arrays are place on top of each other. Is there a way around this (anybody?)?

>Another problem is that pd
> automatically sets the array numbers. If you delete an array accidentally
> it is impossible to get the same array (number) again. As a result you have
> to change the whole patch (tabread and things like that) or copy from
> another file.

You can rename an existing array with the message function (ctrl+m). The syntax is 'arrayname rename newarrayname'. That should ease some of the pain :-)

HTH
Soeren