[PD] Hello world and Newbie Q

Sam Watson sam at samwatson.com
Tue Aug 21 02:04:22 CEST 2001

Hello Pd list members,

I am brand new to your list but have been reading the archives for several
weeks now.  I first found out about Pd through the IDM-Making list on Yahoo.
I play cello, guitar, and bass.  I majored music and minored film in college
but was always a computer geek.  I'm having a blast with Pd and trying to
write a generative / improvising drum sequencer for my first truly useful
project.

soooo... I have a quick newbie question that I could find no answer to in
the archive:

Is it possible to have a "send" command be routed to switchable destination?
For instance, the "makefilename" object allows for creation of an argument
like "foobar%d".  Is there anyway to get send to behave likewise?  If so it
would save me from making 64 iterations of the same piece of code which
seems quite wasteful.

Thanks!
Sam