[PD] help! my patch breaks pd!

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Thu Aug 23 13:46:40 CEST 2001

hi,

have you considered using one 2197-element table (array) for the counters
instead of 2197 abstraction copies?  My attached version is a simplified
(lacking total input/prob output) example of how to set and increment those
counters and output currently incremented value.  Building on that there
will only be _one_ instance of the abstraction (although you could use
seperate instances for different parts of the piece or for making some
comparisons).

If using the table version is not possible, then I would suggest deleting
all the comments from abstraction definition (yes, there are 2197 copies
of those kept in memory).

Krzysztof