[PD] .pdrc (was:Can't get zexy to load)

Michal Seta mis at music.mcgill.ca
Mon Sep 24 04:02:54 CEST 2001

one way to see the dot files (the ones with "." (dot) character
preceding their name, like .pdrc) is to use ls -a which lists all files
in a current directory, inluding the hidden files.  Also, if you cannot
find your .pdrc (which you should have put in your home directory) you
can try the find commands:

cd to your home directory:
cd
(you can optionally do:
pwd
which will tell you where you are, actually.  If your system is screwed
up you will not be in the directory you think you are)

then do:
find . -name ".pdrc"

it will scan recursively all directories under and incuding your current
directory.
If you cannnot find it then just create a new .pdrc because you probably
don't have it.

Also, it might be stupid, but if you're the only user of your system you
probably switch between users (like, you're root from time to time) and
perhaps you did make the .pdrc file as a different user and stuck it
somewhere else...

also, make sure that you don't have a pdrc file instead of .pdrc

hope this helps.

./MiS