PD->VST? (was Re: [PD] newbie: no MIDI in...)

Christian Guirreri cguirrer at runet.edu
Mon Sep 24 16:35:25 CEST 2001

Nevermind - tried after a fresh boot and everything works now (pd
-midiindev 1 -midioutdev 1 -soundoutdev 4).  It might be related to loading
Cubase and other ASIO software first, and then pd (as one person mentioned
having trouble with Reaktor installed).

The sound card is an Echo Mia - wonderful card.  It has eight "virtual
outputs," (only stereo balanaced in and out) a super quiet 24/96 digital
mixer, SPDIF in/out, simultaneous ASIO, GSIF, and DX support.  Highly
recommended under $200 card, though no Linux drivers I guess.

Everything runs great now - thanks everyone for your replies!  I can't wait
to dig in...off to pure-data.org!

By the way...did anyone ever get that pd VST plugin to work?  I didn't
understand how to setup pd to send and receive to Cubase.

Thanks again,
         Chris