[PD] What I know about this f****ing worm

Norbert Math math at iem.kug.ac.at
Thu Nov 29 15:08:54 CET 2001

sorry, this time the worm has eaten my mind :-(
my message was for Chirstian Klippel in personam.

i was asking him about his experiences with virus scanners,
since i am thinking of installing one upon the incoming
mail of the pd-list.

(and Christian tells me that a filter might work technically -
but he would prefer to keep people from using buggy software
like outlook)

the virus scanner will just prevent that infected mail will be
transported by the list, it will and can not add any security for
win/outlook users.

my plan now is to:

- install a scanner an see if it really works, otherwise

- block all mail written in outlook and all executable attachements and
  let them go to the list only after an examination, and if this
  is not efficient

- reject all outlook mail and attachements.

what do you think?

norbert