[PD] Gem loses acceleration on dimen set?

rat at telecoma.net rat at telecoma.net
Tue Dec 11 17:17:32 CET 2001

> > i really expected it to crash, because normally if i breathe, blink, or
> > lapse from a state of trancendental meditation, gem crashes pd.
> so i understand, why you don't try to destroy the gemwin, re-dimension
> it, and create it...
>

> > but this has a lot to do with this message, i guess:
> >
> > error: GEM: Unable to create single buffer window
> > error: GEM: Error creating const context
> > error: GEM: A serious error occured creating const Context
> > error: GEM: Do not continue!
> >
> > and it's right, single buffer mode doesnt work. but normal double buffer
> > mode works within the rigid operating parameters outlined above (actually,
> > it normally just crashes when i try to destroy the window, or close the
> > patch).
> >
> > debian unstable, x4.1, ati mobility m3.

as i understand gem is producing this errors always when there is no
hardware accelleration ? though it lets u work with gem without hwa,
its chrashes pd when u try to close the gemwin.
or is there some workaraound for this, has somebody gem working
without hwa and problems ?

i guess the ati mobility m3 is also a mach64 chip ?
there is no x4.1 dri support for this one at the moment,
but there exists a branch in the dri cvs which is currently worked
on. i lurked a little bit the last days at their developer list as i have
the same chip in my notebook, and it seems that there is soon something
useful available.

cheers

erich