[PD] problems getting ALSA to work under 2.4.16

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Sun Dec 23 23:42:07 CET 2001

> I have a bit of a fear of makefiles, how difficult would it be to get
> Beta 10 to compile with PD? (just changing a few #include references?)

Think i've already answered that one,
you don't need to change a lot of PD code :

a/ install alsa-driver and alsa-lib

b/ change
#include <sys/asoundlib.h>
with
#include <alsa/asoundlib.h>
in src/s_linux.c.

Still, you'll get those warnings :

s_linux.o: In function `alsa_open_audio':
/usr/local/pd/src-patch-sounfile/s_linux.c:2032: Warning: start_mode is deprecated, consider to use start_threshold
/usr/local/pd/src-patch-sounfile/s_linux.c:2035: Warning: xrun_mode is deprecated, consider to use stop_threshold

Don't panic, it will work despite those warnings
( at least with 2.4.9 kernel ).

Sorry if new errors appear with kernel 2.4.16....
Good luck§

Yves/