[PD] starting/stopping signal processing locally

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Wed Jan 9 09:50:14 CET 2002

hi
there is the "switch~"-object. it works like block~, except that the
argument 0 (switch~ 0) switches dsp off. it is triggered by messages.

the manual says:
You can use the switch~ or block~ objects to turn portions of your audio
computation on and off and to control the block size of computation. There
may be only one switch~ or block~ object in any window; it acts on the
entire window and all of its subwindows, which may still have their own
nested switch~/block~ objects. Switch~ and block~ take a block size and an
overlap factor as arguments; so for instance, "block~ 1024 4" specifies 1024
sample blocks, overlapped by a factor of 4 relative to the parent window.
Switch~ carries a small computational overhead in addition to whatever
overhead is associated with changing the block size.

marius