[PD] Problem with Commercial OSS and PD

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at acs.ryerson.ca
Thu Jan 10 14:59:46 CET 2002

I'm using OSS/Commercial and I too only have MIDI In and no MIDI out.
This is because OSS does not support MIDI out because most card do not
have hardware MIDI out. If MIDI out works with your card with other
programs thats because the MIDI translation is done in software, not
by the card. This is what I got from OSS/Commercial documentation.

no sure about a fix, I only use MIDI in.

Ben

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Timothy Rolls wrote:

> Greetings,
>     Yesterday I upgraded from OSS/Free to commercial OSS. Now MIDI doesn't
> work in PD, and apparently only PD. All other programs with MIDI still work
> (Brahms, Jazz, Csound). Is there anyone else using commercial OSS and PD
> with this problem? BTW, I get the message "opened 1 MIDI input device and 0
> MIDI output devices." This never happened under OSS/Free. Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Tim

B. Bogart
---------