[PD] streamout~ causing ugly clipping

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at acs.ryerson.ca
Fri Feb 1 13:13:39 CET 2002

Hello list,

I'm connecting two linux machines over the LAN using streamout but
getting a lot of slipping and popping.

the machines are both attached to a single switch and are in the same
room. Both with 100Mbit ethernet..

I've tried all "format" options with no luck.

After about 20s of sending it just starting clipping. I'm also getting a
lot of underuns in the streamin machine.

The streamout machine is a Celeron 500 and the streamin machine is a
duron 800.

Oh and I'm using the ggee 0.23 version of streamout~

Any pointers would be appriciated. I have a performance in 2 hours with
two other countries...

Thanks!
Ben

B. Bogart