[PD] streamout~ causing ugly clipping

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Fri Feb 1 15:13:43 CET 2002

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 wrote:
> the machines are both attached to a single switch and are in the same
> room. Both with 100Mbit ethernet..
>
> I've tried all "format" options with no luck.
>
> After about 20s of sending it just starting clipping. I'm also getting a
> lot of underuns in the streamin machine.
>
> The streamout machine is a Celeron 500 and the streamin machine is a
> duron 800.
>
> Oh and I'm using the ggee 0.23 version of streamout~
>
> Any pointers would be appriciated. I have a performance in 2 hours with
> two other countries...

Try to detach the streaming pd from the soundcard (if thats possible)
with -nodac, -noadc or -nosound
I suggest using 16bit mode (the 8 bit seems to be broken ..() ) or float.
Unluckily I can not reproduce the problem with my setup, but
if you have different soundcards in the computers you are using, there is
the possibility that they constantly get out  of sync.
e.g. the es1370 AFAIK can't do 44100, but only a sample rate close to
that,...

Guenter