[PD] Trying to configure Gem under Linux ... gltt not available

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Fri Feb 8 11:23:17 CET 2002

Jim Ruxton wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm running RH7.2 and trying to configure Gem. When I follow the
> instructions ie. create Auxiliary libraries and then run the configure
> script I get an error "library gltt not available - run makeauxlibs script"
> Anyone know why gltt wouldn't be available. I downloaded gltt and
> installed it. Thanks.
> Jim

where exactly resides your libgltt.a (or libgltt.so) file ?
the configure process will check for these files in (and in
subdirectories of) /usr/lib/ and <my_gem_src_dir>/..
so it might fail, if the libgltt.* is installed in /usr/local/lib and
you are installing it from your home-directory.
if this is the case, you can either copy the library-files to a place,
where they can be found (which is dirty) or edit the configure.in-file
(there is a "searchlib"-variable somewhere before the call for gltt.
just exapand it from "../../.." to "../../.. /usr/local/lib" or similar)
run autoconf and rerun the ./configure-script

mfg.cd.assadfr
IOhannes