[PD] [announce] rx7~ - a DX7 emulator external (version 0.0.0.0.0+alpha)

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Mon Feb 11 17:20:16 CET 2002

Hi folks,

hourless thinking and contemplating your help regarding mixing C++ and C
I now happy ask for your comments on rx7~, a DX7 emulator external based
on the standalone synth "RX/Saturno" by Juan Linietsky. All Linux only.

This is a not so quick, but even more dirty hack.

A binary is included for Linux, but you will need RX/Saturno, if you
want to build this from source. Instructions are in the README. And I
really have to learn Makefiles and autoconf ;)

I would appreciate any comments and bugfixes of course. For example if I
run the standalone synth by Juan, all notes get decent note-offs if played
via a midi sequencer. But in PD some notes seem to never die. I'm not sure,
if that's a rx7~ problem, or one with receiving midi notes in PD.

Thanks for your patience and ciao,
--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______