[PD] Trying to configure Gem under Linux ... gltt not available

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at acs.ryerson.ca
Mon Feb 11 20:27:43 CET 2002

Not sure what's going on there. You could try compiling gltt from
source...

http://gltt.sourceforge.net/download.html

I'm running gltt 2.5.2 and I have in /usr/local/lib:

libgltt.a
libgltt.la
libgltt.so
libgltt.so.0
libgltt.so.0.0.0

does that help? you could copy these files into /usr/local/lib (you
should not need to put them in /usr/lib)

good luck.

Ben

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Jim Ruxton wrote:

> Thanks Ben and Iohannes,
> Not sure what my problem is now.  I downloaded the gltt library and
> copied the files libgltt.so.0 and libgltt.so.0.0.0 (these are the files
> the rpm installed) to directories /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib . The
> configure script still can't seem to find  gltt?? Any other ideas what
> the problem might be. Thanks.
> Jim
>
> >Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 wrote:
> >
> >>Hey Jim, I ecall having this problem myself. I think gltt put its libs
> >>under /usr/local/lib/gltt when Gem is looking for them under
> >>/usr/local/lib. now this depends on where you installed gltt? It could
> >>also be in /usr/lib if you do:
> >>
> >>find / -name "*gltt*" -print
> >>
> >>as root then it will list all the files with "gltt" in the name on the
> >>filesystem. (might take a while though) that way you'll know where the
> >>libs are.
> >>
> >>You could link the libs to /usr/local/lib (or wherever yours are) or
> >>just copy them as I did. (cd /usr/local/lib/gltt; cp * ..)
> >>

> >i will change the configure-script accordingly, so it will hopefully
> >work in the future.
> >thank you for finding this
> >
> >>let me know if it works!
> >>
> >me too !!