[PD] what is the current state of the support for the Alsa Hammerfall driver?

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Thu Feb 14 02:41:17 CET 2002

Hi all,

Last time I tried to run Pd with RME Hammerfall under Alsa, I couldn't make
it work.  I have no idea whether it was a problem in Pd or somewhere else.
Pd does run with ALSA 0.9 for other hardware, so in principle it should
be possible to get it running with the Hammerfall as well, but I wasn't
able to figure out how.

We've been using the OSS RME driver here (Guenter's.)  I'd prefer to have
Pd able to run either way, but haven't wanted to go back to the ALSA
driver and try to figure out what was wrong.  ALSA has been frustrating
to work with because of the scanty documentation, and I've been waiting
for them to improve that before investing more time in it...

cheers
Miller