[PD] jack patch

Ivica Bukvic ico at fuse.net
Thu Feb 14 04:34:12 CET 2002

Hi Miller, hi all!

just a quick 2 questions:

Does the current release of PD have all the externs incorporated into it
or is it still all separate (which is a drag to compile)? It would be
cool if there was some effort put into getting all the externs
incorporated into the mainstream release (as long as their licenses do
not conflict, I guess), this would certainly boost the popularity of PD,
since current greatest grudge I get from other people is the fact that
it is a pain to get all the stuff configured right.

Also, I believe this has been already addressed a while ago, but I  feel
I should emphasize this again -- I would love to see the ability to have
"patch cords" (or whatever is the proper terminology for it) have the
ability to have "joints" in them. That way, if someone preferred that
way of creating patches (like myself :-), it would be possible to do so,
while others who wanted to use it in its current form could do so as
well. This, too would therefore give PD a potential to get more converts
from Max/msp, and thus more potential developers :-).

Just a thought...

Ivica Ico Bukvic, composer, multimedia sculptor,
programmer, webmaster & computer consultant
http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/
ico at fuse.net
"To be is to do"   - Socrates
"To do is to be"   - Sartre