[PD] what is the current state of the support for the Alsa Hammerfall driver?

=?X-UNKNOWN?Q?g=FCnter_geiger?= geiger at xdv.org
Thu Feb 14 13:38:02 CET 2002

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Ivica Bukvic wrote:
> Please don't get me wrong, but I have no time to fiddle with a driver
> that has little or no docs. While ALSA has a similar problem of lack of
> documentation, I found ALSA's mailing lists more than helpful. If one
> can point a good OSS mailing list (other than 4fronttech's), I will
> possibly reconsider delving into the OSS version of the driver (at least
> for the time being and for particular tasks, until the OSS emulation
> gets better in ALSA)...
>
> Sincerely,

You asked me about support for a driver that is free and *working*
I told you that you should remove the alsa driver before you try
that you are lamenting on a public list about  my driver not working.

Maybe this made me overreact a bit.
Sorry, and thank you for pointing out the problems you see with OSS,
be assured that personally I think that ALSA is much superiour
to OSS, but at the same time you might accept that I had very good reasons
for writing the OSS driver. (which was actually not much more than
changing Winfrieds driver to include interleaved mode for standard OSS
apps).

Guenter