[PD] linux basics and rme drivers

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Mon Feb 18 12:13:32 CET 2002

hi list
please i need some encouraging words...
after all i decided to try a laptop-solution for pd. months (or should i say
years?) of waiting until rme delivered the hammerfall multiface with a PCMCIA
card-interface. it took me more than two days to configure a (fucking) new
laptop with linux (it came with WinXP, oh god, i tell you... BIOS hidden, no
word in the whole documentation) after loads of homepages visiting and
tons of updating-files the x-server is running...
but the next problem seems to be the rme-drivers. there is an oss-driver on
RME's driver-CD, but only for 7 seven-days trial and no sources and
precompiled for only one kernel version 2.2.99. (...).

I compiled guenters drivers but i dont know how to handle the module (i think
the pcmcia-card does not work properly)

/lib/modules/2.4.4/rme96xx/rme96xx.o: unresolved symbol unregister_sound_dsp
/lib/modules/2.4.4/rme96xx/rme96xx.o: unresolved symbol register_sound_dsp
/lib/modules/2.4.4/rme96xx/rme96xx.o: unresolved symbol register_sound_mixer
/lib/modules/2.4.4/rme96xx/rme96xx.o: unresolved symbol unregister_sound_mixer

i also studied the correspondence on the alsa drivers for the hammerfall but
as i understand, they are not downloadable yet (?). is there a place to
download?

any help is welcome.

marius.