[PD] linux basics and rme drivers

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Mon Feb 18 18:38:06 CET 2002

Hi,

günter geiger hat gesagt: // günter geiger wrote:

> marius, are you sure that there is working linux driver for this card ?
> I am pretty sure theat mine won't work, because I don't have any
> information about the card.

I remember one or more mails on alsa-devel by Paul Barton Davis, the
author of the ALSA drivers for RME cards, that he was in contact with
RME people to get specifications for the cards. I'm don't know how far
he has come, but in the latest ALSA 0.9 beta there is still no support
for this card ... which would be useless for PD anyways currently.
[Unfortunatly I did not yet get a reply on alsa-devel regarding the
plughw-problem in PD. Maybe they are busy integrating stuff into the
kernel now...]

Ciao,
--
                                                 __    __