[PD] Gem Error creating const context

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at acs.ryerson.ca
Mon Feb 18 23:23:24 CET 2002

Hello all,

I've been happily running GEM on this redhat 7.2 machine for a while now
and all of a sudden I can't get GEM to create a window. Nothing has
changed in the setup, it just stopped working. I tried restarting the X
server, recompiling the Nvidia drivers, and still nothing.

Here is the output:

error: GEM: Could not open display XR
error: GEM: Error creating const context
error: GEM: A serious error occured creating const Context
error: GEM: Do not continue!

:(

any ideas as to whats going on? I was planning on reinstalling this
machine with debian but I was hoping to not have to do it so soon.

Any pointers would be appriciated.

Thanks
Ben

B. Bogart