[PD] loadbang for externals

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Fri Feb 22 17:42:42 CET 2002

Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:

> Actions to be taken on object creation can be put in the "new" routine.
> However, perhaps there are examples of actions that should be taken for
> all new objects, but, if it's being restored from a file, should only happen
> once the object is fully connected and the rest of the patch is intact.

I have a question regarding this: At which times is the new-routine
called? I'm asking, because in my rx7~ external, I can load a sound
bank with a "load" message. If I then save the whole patch, the loaded
bank disapears and has to be loaded again. I suspect, that "..._new" is
called again, when the patch gets saved. Is this correct?

If yes, I'll have to take precautions to keep the bank alive...

bye,
--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______