[PD] linux installation

jmmmpl at netcabo.pt jmmmpl at netcabo.pt
Sat Feb 23 14:47:27 CET 2002

Dear list,

For those who still have pacience for installation questions:

I've been trying to install pd (test 11) in suse 7.3, but when I try "make",
appears the message

cc -DPD -DUNIX -Wall -W -Wstrict-prototypes -Werror -Wno-unused -Wno-parenth
eses
-Wno-switch -O6 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -DDL_OPEN
-DINSTALL_PREFIX=\"/usr/local\" -I. -c -o ../obj/t_main.o t_main.c
t_main.c:18: tk.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [t_main.o] Error 1

,althoug the file t_main.c comes with pd, is in the src folder.

And when I try "make install" comes the message

install -d //usr/local/lib/pd/bin
install ../bin/pd-gui //usr/local/lib/pd/bin/pd-gui
install: cannot stat `../bin/pd-gui': No such file or directory
make: *** [install-bin] Error 1

, although I've created /usr/local/lib/pd/bin/pd-gui myself, the result is
always the same.

These happen either as root or as user. Has this happened to somebody?

PS, not related: Do you know how to write in ntfs xp partition?

Thank you,

João Miguel Pais