[PD] Scripting

mark mark at junklight.com
Mon Feb 25 12:00:38 CET 2002

Hi,

I gave some serious thought to the scripting thing last night. I am thinking
of building a "python" external that would allow simple scripts - you
would make make an object:

	py scriptname

which would take a python class that is similar in structure to the external
"class" structure used by externals currently - obviously a bit more simple.
No DSP of course (can't imagine it would be vaguely fast enough). Python
is a good fit with PD I belive - it does good list type manipulation (in
fact
it will be easy to write a set of list manipulation externals which I have
been
wanting for a while now) and its got some quite nifty features. Oh and I
want
to learn it which strikes me as a good a reason as any ;-)

So - does anyone have any requests for features or things I should be
considering?

cheers

mark